This page showcases and explains the Two Person Tree Stand which was added April 2016 as a new item.
The Two Person Tree Stand is a platform attached to a tree, creating an elevated and more disclosed position for two hunters. Bow hunters are particularly fond of the Stand as it creates a position of closeness to the animal which can otherwise be tricky to obtain.
Almost every tree has the potential to become a hunting tower with this lightweight and durable shooting platform.
- Establish a new permanent tower in almost any tree
- Provides good visual camo and excellent scent reduction
- Up to 15 can be set up in each reserve at the same time
- Can be dismantled and moved
- Two persons can enter the stand
- One person can switch between platforms
To use, equip with the "0"-key, go up to a correct tree and click Mouse 1 (left mouse button by default).
For a successful mount the following criteria need to be met:
- Stand next to a tree that's mountable, it needs to be:
- Straight enough
- Wide enough around the trunk
- Clear of obtrusive branches at mount height
While both standing and crouching is allowed in a tree stand, proning is prohibited. The Two Person Tree Stand allows the full 360 degrees of rotation but the player will remain in the same place horizontally. While the mount and dismount is instant, the sound played is audible by surrounding animals in about a 100m (350ft) radius. Camouflage factor is about equal to a Tower and the player should be more or less completely concealed from 40m (145ft) and out with decreased camouflage the closer the animal gets.
How to Mount & Dismount
- If a tree is mountable, the following message will appear: Press MOUSE 1 to mount tree stand
- If a tree IS NOT mountable, the following message will appear: Can not mount tree stand here
- To dismount the stand press "E" on your keyboard. It will automatically return to your inventory.