- Add a tent to the large equipment slot in your inventory to take it along.
- Deploy it anywhere to establish a new permanent spawn point.
- You can access your full inventory as if you were at the lodge.
- Up to 10 tents can be erected in each reserve at the same time.
- This limit was raised from 8 to 10 on Feb 17, 2021.
- Erected tents can be dismantled and moved.
- Other players can start their hunt at any tent during multiplayer.
There are no gameplay differences between the color variations of the Happy Camper Tent and the "8 tent per reserve"-limit is shared. This means that you cannot exceed the limit by purchasing different color variations.
Placing and Removing
- Erected tents will stay permanent in the reserve when you exit the hunt.
- You can dismantle tents and erect them at some other place.
- To remove a tent just start a hunt there, or you can walk to it from anywhere and then dismantle it.
- Tents give you access to your complete inventory.
- Putting the tent into your inventory either at the lodge, or in the field when dismantling, requires a free capacity of 5 units.
- Consider bringing a tent to your hunt if you think you are going to use a lot of different items that you cannot bring all at once. You can then place the tent at any time and get out what you need.
- You can start a hunt at a tent.
- You can use the fast traveling function to immediately go to a tent during your hunt.
- You can retire to a tent when the day ends. This will cost camping supplies just as for fast traveling.
- You can retire to a tent when you were hurt. This will cost camping supplies just as for fast traveling.
- You will suffer from hypothermia when starting at this type of tent with non-arctic clothes in a cold weather environment such as Whiterime Ridge. Even if you immediately switch to arctic clothes, the effect won't go away. See also freezing.
- Erecting/dismantling tents during the hunt will spook animals within a radius of 100m.
- Animals will not spawn within 150m of the tent at which you start.
- Animals can spawn near other tents in the reserve though.
- Animals will not spook when you start at a tent, but they can spook when you retire to a tent and they are nearby.
- A nearby tent will not keep animals from being attracted when you lure them.
- All features like any other tent
- After suffering from hypothermia, fast traveling to this tent will restore the player
- You will not suffer from hypothermia when starting at this type of tent with non-arctic clothes, and then change to arctic clothes. You will however suffer from hypothermia when starting at regular tents, even if you immediately switch to arctic clothes.
- Capacity cost: 7