Creating an Account
Here is a step by step guide on how to create an account on the web site. This must be done before you can download the game and start playing.
1. Go to: http://www.thehunter.com
2. Click the Create User button located on the left hand side of the screen.
3. Fill in the required details and click the Sign up button bellow to create the account.
4. Clicking Sign up will trigger an activation email, sent to the email address you’ve used to Sign Up. When it arrives, click on the link inside and log on with your password and email address.
5. At this point, you can select an avatar from the thousands available that you wish to use in-game.
6. Use the nickname box to input a nickname for your avatar.
7. Full character names are generated randomly, clicking the shuffle button generates new names. Shuffle through until you find one you like.
8. Clicking Submit creates the character. You will then be taken to your "My Page" from here you navigate around the site. We suggest you take some time to get used to the features available on the web site.
Downloading and Installing the Game
Please see the Installation Guide.
Starting the Game
The game is played explicitly from Steam. To get out and hunt, start the game by logging in (or sign up for a new account of you don't have one).
- First of all, you are advised to play the Tutorials.
- Once logged in, click "Hunt Now". This will start the launcher.
- Select time of day to start the hunt and a hunting lodge of your choice as a starting position.
- You may adapt the game settings within the launcher, such as the resolution, full screen mode, etc.
First Steps in the Game
When you have successfully installed the game, it's time to start immersing yourself in the world of the Evergreen Hunting Reserve. While hunting is the main activity in theHunter, The EHR offers much more than what's initially visible to the naked eye:
- Have a look at this formidable Successful Hunt guide.
- It's suggested that you take a trip down to one of the Shooting Ranges for some practice starting out, get your hands steady and learn how to raise and shoot your weapon correctly.
- Why not try your hands at some Clay Pigeon Shooting? There are newly installed ranges for your shooting pleasure. See if you can get a perfect score!
- Perhaps you like to see how you stack up against some of our the hunters? Evergreen Reserves offers a wide range of exciting competitions for you to test your skills.