The bobcat (Lynx rufus) is a North American cat. Containing 12 recognized subspecies, it ranges from southern Canada to central Mexico, including most of the contiguous United States. The bobcat is an adaptable predator that inhabits wooded areas, as well as semidesert, urban edge, forest edge, and swampland environments. It is about twice as large as the domestic cat. It has distinctive black bars on its forelegs and a black-tipped, stubby tail, from which it derives its name. Though the bobcat prefers rabbits and hares, it hunts insects, chickens, geese and other birds, small rodents, and deer. Like most cats, the bobcat is territorial and largely solitary, although with some overlap in home ranges.
|Whitehart Island||Logger's Point||Settler Creeks||Rougarou Bayou|
| Electronic Caller
with Bobcat USB stick
| Motion Predator
Decoy "Double Tail"
| Motion Predator
|Effective up to 220m||100m||View range||View range||150m|
- is a threat to Whitetail, Mule Deer, Pheasant, Cottontail and Turkey. This will cause the specified animals to trot away.
- tends to be in forests.
- rarely falls asleep.
- is more scared than foxes.
- has a low chance of calling.
- has very quiet footstep sounds
- is attracted to the E-Caller up to 220m. This caller has the highest attraction chance from all the lures.
- is attracted to the Predator "Jackrabbit" Caller up to 100m.
- is attracted to the Motion Predator Decoy as soon as it sees it.
- is scored based on skull width and height (in inches).
- travels alone but in rare cases a male and a female can travel together.
- does not
- climb trees
- chase any other animals
- attack the hunter
|Every Mewment Counts||100||Possible location: Southern island, there is an open field just north of the narrow part. Mount a treestand and call. When a bobcat appears, spot it. Then shoot it, but read its tracks first to complete the mission. Do not harvest it yet.|
|Can Somebody Paw-lease Give This Man a Bobcat?||
||200||Activate this mission before harvesting the bobcat from above.|
|Meow-sicians in Logger's Point||300||
It is possible to fast travel to these campsites. It is however advisable to walk and get that call on the way.
|Find All the Purrpetrators||400|
|In Pursuit of Purrfection||600|
|Cathletic Cats by the Creeks||800||Look north of the Highland lodge. When you have a sign of a bobcat (call, nearby tracks), mount the treestand and call.|
|Everything Looking Paw-sitive||1000|
Avoid the swamps. There are less cats and stalking is more difficult.
|Run, Bobcat, Run!||
||1800||Use the middle tower of Logger's Point. Call a bobcat in. You can shoot it fleeing in all directions from there. Use the .243 Bolt Action Rifle. Slightly lead the shot.|
|The El Bobogato Ceremony||
||3600||Do not collect the first shot bobcat but rather wait until you have shot a second. Then harvest both within 5 minutes.|
See full list here.